Search This Blog

Friday, April 4, 2014

IB

I teach at an International Baccalaureate school which follows a PYP program. We do a lot of inquiry and trans-disciplinary teaching. Here are some of the things I do in my room!
 
I use one of the "lines of inquiry" as a planner reflection. I write it on an index card and the students reflect on the planner to be hung on our "IB Reflection Wall."
 
 
 
 Wonder Wall! My students are ALWAYS asking questions and being little inquirers. I love it but sometimes we don't have time to answer all these questions in our day. I always say "I LOVE THAT, will you go write it on a sticky note so we can research it later?" We always do, and they really enjoy writing the answer at the bottom of their inquiry sticky note.
 
 






 
I guess even Second Graders notice the trend. Here is an inquiry after I introduced our Economics Planner last week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment